nanogui: Thread: cross-compiling for nxlib

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: cross-compiling for nxlib
From: "Jorge Marques Pelizzoni" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Aug 2008 22:16:13 -0000

Hi all,

I am very new to Nano-X and all things embedded and am having doubts on
how to compile a project to run on nxlib. In specific, I'd like to learn
how to set up a cross-compiler to deal with source code that depends on X
for a platform where X does not exist. Should I first make (an otherwise
unusable build of) X with the cross-compiler so that lib files are
generated? Is X source code hardware-independent enough to compile for
linux no matter the target hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jorge M. Pelizzoni
ICMC - Universidade de São Paulo

On donderdag 14 augustus 2008, Jorge Marques Pelizzoni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very new to Nano-X and all things embedded and am having doubts on
> how to compile a project to run on nxlib. In specific, I'd like to learn
> how to set up a cross-compiler to deal with source code that depends on X
> for a platform where X does not exist. Should I first make (an otherwise
> unusable build of) X with the cross-compiler so that lib files are
> generated? Is X source code hardware-independent enough to compile for
> linux no matter the target hardware?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jorge M. Pelizzoni
> ICMC - Universidade de São Paulo

Hi All,

I have done cross-compiling (on Linux). You need have nano-X build first.
nxlib needs also some font files but you could take them from  "real X11"
somehow.

I have setup the crosscompiler under the /opt directory and with a shell
script change the environment to look for gcc and tools in these paths first.

regards  Kees