nanogui: Thread: Re: [nanogui] Is Nano-X dead? - Move to SVN+Trac?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [nanogui] Is Nano-X dead? - Move to SVN+Trac?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jul 2008 10:51:18 -0000

I'd like once again to push for a move to SVN (or better, Bazaar) and
using Trac for the website. Then many people could contribute easier
both on code but as well the documentation if held in the Wiki included
with Trac.

And it will probably make the project appear more active than it does
currently, which hopefully generates more users and contributors.

Regards
Daniel

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 11:41 +0200, Fredrik Johansson wrote:
> James Johnston skrev:
> > I'm looking to use Nano-X in a new open-source project, but the last update
> > was in 2005.  Is the project basically dead?  From all appearances this
> > appears to be the case.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > James Johnston

> Nah, it's not dead, it just hasn't had any release for some time now,
> the cvs is still beeing updated.
>
> Here's a snippet from the changelog:
>
>     * fix .fnt.gz loader padding bug
> 6 January 2008 - neuros patches from Vladimir
>     * add generic window message send GrSendMsg, GR_EVENT_MSG,
> GR_EVENT_MASK_MSG
>     * add alpha channel handling in GdDrawImage, alpha support in PNG loader
>     * fix bug in GdGetNextTimeout
>     * add GrDrawImagePartToFit - draw image from part of source image
>     * add MWMODE_SRCTRANSCOPY support in fblin16, applyOp{3,4} macros
> for speed
>     * remove #include <asm/page.h> in clientfb.c, PAGE_SIZE now internal
>     * fix GsWpDrawBackgroundPixmap to work with pixmap window backgrounds
>     * fix ftell in FNTGZ font subdriver
>     * port AGG AntiGrain Geometry, NXLIB and direct hw fb version
>     * add MWPF_HWPIXELVAL run-time pixel type to allow no-translation GrArea
>     * add back in low level psd->DrawArea for fast GdArea
>     * rewrite GdArcAngle to fix bug w/small angles, no fp required
>     * add font file parameter to fontdemo
> 9 September 2007 - ####@####.####
>     * fix EPRINTF for gcc 3.x (Petr)
>     * fix ft1 return on zero height/width characters (Alexander)
>     * fix GrNewBitmapFromData pad when byte swapped (Martin)
>     * break GrBitmap requests into MAXREQUESTSZ size packets (Martin)
>     * fixed freetype2 font rotation, baseline, compile w/cache off bugs
>     * added support for freetype2 2.3.5 (forces cache off for now)
> 22 June 2006 - ####@####.####
>     * added complete rop processing to fblin4.c 4bpp driver
> 21 April 2006 - ####@####.####
>     * obtained permission to convert stretchblit code from LGPL to MPL
> 20 December 2005 - ####@####.####
>     * added support for 16bpp 5/5/5 and 5/6/5 images to GdDrawImage (Greg)
>     * added support for 16bpp and 32bpp .bmp files

I am fully agree with this. People move from Nano-X because they see
the last news on site were in 2005 - so they think it is dead.

2008/7/7, Daniel Nyström ####@####.####