nanogui: Thread: nano-X-0.91 for eCos

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: nano-X-0.91 for eCos
From: "Lecordier, Guy" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Sep 2008 12:55:58 -0000

Hello all,

I am trying to compile nano-X-0.91 for eCos and a NIOSII platform.

But to have success I needed to do some modifications in some files.

For example the modifications I had to do in the specific eCos part of nano-x.h are:

Add a '\' after dptr->nxGlobalLock = 0;

Add #include "lock.h"     lock.h is needed by MWMUTEX

In lock.h  I prevented multiple inclusions.

In client.c : In all functions using LOCK(&nxGlobalLock) I added ACCESS_PER_THREAD_DATA() before.

I have a complete list of modifications I did to display the first screen of the landmine demo, I did not yet install a keyboard or mouse.

I tested only the LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER     = Y

I also checked the CVS but it seems the specific eCos part is the same.

I would like to know if someone uses nano-X-0.91 with eCos and what modification they did.

Thanks and Regards,

Guy

Guy Lecordier

Firmware designer

ISL - A PAC Company

BP 70285 - Verson

Parc d'Activités de la Mesnilière

14653 CARPIQUET CEDEX

Tél  : +33 (0) 2.31.26.43.00

Fax : +33 (0) 2.31.26.62.93

Email : ####@####.####

http://www.paclp.com <http://www.paclp.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and contains confidential and/or privileged material belonging to PAC Group. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

> I have a complete list of modifications I did to display the first screen
> of the landmine demo, I did not yet install a keyboard or mouse.

If there are changes from the CVS version, please submit them
as "diff -urN" format.

> I tested only the LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER     = Y

This is the only way the eCos version will work.

> I also checked the CVS but it seems the specific eCos part is the same.

I'm surprised - I thought there were eCos mods after 0.91 in CVS.

I am trying to understand why the nxGlobalLock is defined in a per thread data in ECOS which means it is local to each thread.
As the name says it should be global to all threads which need to lock unlock some part of code.

Could someone know this ?

Regards
Guy