newscache: Thread: newscache now in Fedora Extras

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: newscache now in Fedora Extras
From: Dmitry Butskoy ####@####.####
Date: 7 Nov 2005 17:27:27 +0000

Hi,

I'm glad to inform you that now newscache is included into Fedora Extras!

Fedora Extras is a repository of additional packages for Fedora Core
distribution, formerly known as RedHat Linux. (http://fedoraproject.org)

I will maintain this package in Fedora Extras.

You can already find it here (for Fedora Core 4):
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/SRPMS/newscache-1.2-0.2.rc6.fc4.src.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/newscache-1.2-0.2.rc6.fc4.i386.rpm
and at the similar places for Fedora Core 3 and development.

Thanks for the useful software!

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Butskoy

> you that now newscache is included into Fedora Extras!

Very fine. I will update the Download section of the NewsCache Homepage

> Fedora Extras is a repository of additional packages for Fedora Core
> distribution, formerly known as RedHat Linux. (http://fedoraproject.org)
>
> I will maintain this package in Fedora Extras.

and add you as package maintainer with your e-mail adress(?).

> You can already find it here (for Fedora Core 4):

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/SRPMS/newscache-1.2-0.2.rc6.fc4.src.rpm

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/newscache-1.2-0.2.rc6.fc4.i386.rpm
> and at the similar places for Fedora Core 3 and development.

I see, that you include the socket++ in the NewsCache Package. The license of
the Package is GPL, but the socket++ has a other (BSD style license). I don't
know, if it's OK shipping the two license in one package. Therefore i created
two packages. Tilman Linneweh did the same for FreeBSD.

> Thanks for the useful software!

If you found problems or if you have patches, please let me know and i will
merge this to the source.

Best regards
Herbert Straub

PS: the email adress ####@####.#### is or will be obsolete. Don't use it