plustek: Getting Closer

Subject: Getting Closer
From: Shadoglare ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jun 2002 01:32:29 -0000

Could anybody give me any hints to get me going?
I'm trying to get a parellel 4800P working, and I'm getting close, but
no cigar yet. Here's what my output looks like so far:

[root@localhost plustek_driver]# make load
/sbin/modprobe pt_drv || exit 1
rm -f /dev/pt_drv*
[root@localhost plustek_driver]# scanimage -L
device `plustek:/dev/pt_drv' is a Plustek 4800P parallel port flatbed
scanner
[root@localhost plustek_driver]# scanimage -d "plustek:/dev/pt_drv"
P6
# SANE data follows
248 150
255
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O
[root@localhost plustek_driver]#

The scanner make noise for just a split second during this process.

Another question: What "mode" should the port be set to under the BIOS?
I have the coices of SPP, ECP, and EPP, but I don't know what the
difference is between them. Right now it's set for ECP+EPP.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated - I've been struggling to
get this thing to work for a while now...