plustek: Help request

Subject: Help request
From: Fabrizio Antoniotti ####@####.####
Date: 25 Nov 2002 19:59:05 -0000

Dear Sirs,
I would be grateful if you could help me in configuring my Epson
Perfection 1250/Photo scanner.

I'm currently running Sane 1.08 backends in Red Hat 8.0 (as frontend I'm
currently using XSane 0.89).
As you can see in the attached plustek.conf file, I've used the
enableTPA option, but I'm still not able to scan
negatives/transparencies, whereas there's no problem in scanning
images. Does I have to change something in the attached epson.conf file
too? What's the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Fabrizio

P.S.: in order to load scanner module, this is the command I use:
	    /sbin/modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x010F

# Plustek-SANE Backend configuration file
# For use with Plustek parallel-port scanners and
# LM9831/2/3 based USB scanners
#
# For parport devices use the parport section
#
[parport]
device /dev/pt_drv

#
# leave the default values as specified in /etc/modules.conf
#
option warmup    -1
option lOffOnEnd -1
option lampOff   -1

#
# The USB section:
# each device needs at least two lines:
# - [usb] vendor-ID and product-ID
# - device devicename
# i.e. for Plustek (0x07B3) UT12/16/24 (0x0017)
# [usb] 0x07B3 0x0017
# device /dev/usb/scanner0
#
# additionally you can specify some options
# warmup, lOffOnEnd, lampOff
#
# For autodetection use
# [usb]
# device /dev/usb/scanner0
#
# NOTE: autodetection is safe, as it uses the info it got
#       from the USB subsystem. If you're not using the
#       autodetection, you MUST have attached that device
#       at your USB-port, that you have specified...
#

[usb]

#
# options for the previous USB entry
#
# switch lamp off after xxx secs, 0 disables the feature
option lampOff 0

# warmup period in seconds, 0 means no warmup
option warmup 30

# 0 means leave lamp-status untouched, not 0 means switch off
# on sane_close
option lOffOnEnd 0

option enableTPA 1

#
# options to tweak the image start-position
# (WARNING: there's no internal range check!!!)
#
# for the normal scan area
#
option posOffX 0
option posOffY 0

# for transparencies
option tpaOffX 0
option tpaOffY 0

# for negatives
option negOffX 0
option negOffY 0

#
# for adjusting the default gamma values
#
option redGamma         1.0
option greenGamma       1.0
option blueGamma        1.0
option grayGamma        1.0

#
# and of course the device-name
#
device /dev/usb/scanner0

#
# to define a new device, start with a new section:
# [usb] or [parport]
#

# epson.conf
#
# here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON backend
#
# SCSI scanner:
scsi EPSON
#
# Parallel port scanner:
#pio 0x278
#pio 0x378
#pio 0x3BC
#
# USB scanner - only enable this if you have an EPSON scanner. It could
#               otherwise block your non-EPSON scanner from being
#               recognized.
#		Depending on your distribution, you may need either the
#		first or the second entry.
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0