plustek: Thread: hp 2200c scanner

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: hp 2200c scanner
From: Tom Epperly ####@####.####
Date: 20 Apr 2002 22:33:13 -0000

I just purchased a HP 2200c scanner and plugged it into my Debian Linux
2.4.18 box.  I configured sane and tried scanning with xsane. There are
blue lines from top to bottom when I scan a while background or when I
scan a page of text.

Should I suspect the hardware or the software?  Is there anything I
should try before returning the scanner?  Please send replies directly
to me.

Tom

sarantium:/etc/sane.d# scanimage -L
device `plustek:/dev/usbscanner' is a Hewlett-Packard Scanjet 2200c USB
flatbed scanner
sarantium:/etc/sane.d# dpkg --list libsane

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  libsane        1.0.7-3.2      API library for scanners

Subject: Re: hp 2200c scanner
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2002 21:12:44 -0000

The problem here is maybe a calibration problem!
I know that the calibration is only good for Plustek
devices, but I thought HP scanners work also very well.
Can you send me an example pic? (Only a small one please ;-)
Gerhard

From: Tom Epperly ####@####.####
Date: 3 May 2002 04:49:42 -0000

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 13:52, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
> The problem here is maybe a calibration problem!
> I know that the calibration is only good for Plustek
> devices, but I thought HP scanners work also very well.
> Can you send me an example pic? (Only a small one please ;-)
> Gerhard

I returned it the same day I bought it.  I was looking for a no hassles
Linux USB scanner for $100 or less.  None of the stores in my area seem
to offer any of the scanners that have good SANE driver ratings.

Tom