plustek: Thread: Re: Unresolved symbols; Plustek driver & RH 7.1; pt_drv.o & pl.o

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Unresolved symbols; Plustek driver & RH 7.1; pt_drv.o & pl.o
From: Zoltan Kovacs ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2002 07:18:42 -0000

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the scanner is detected - okay! So what about the device-node
> /dev/pt_drv
> does it exist?
> Is the Plustek backend enabled in sane.d/dll.conf?
> Is the parport device enabled in sane.d/plustek.conf?
>
> You might enable the sane debug stuff and send us the output:
> export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255
> export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=12
> scanimage -L
>
> Hope this helps
>   Gerhard

Hello  Gerhard

Sorry for my thoughtlessness! My RH distribution has SANE 1.0.3 but I've
tried to use the version 0.42 of the driver. Of course it won't work. But
I upgraded my SANE to the version to 1.0.8, recomplied and reinstalled the
driver again. Then it works! So I can say that under RedHat 7.1 the
Plustek scanner driver of version 0.42 for SANE 1.0.8 is OK. I made
several scannings with xscanimage. I used it in binary and grayscale modes
(600 dpi). The obtained page images were perfect.
 The only problem is the operation in the color with the maximal
resolution (1200 dpi). I get a only nose in the image instead of any
page images but I think it is because of the SANE and not the driver.
 Anyway, I have a question concerning with pl.o. At the moment I use the
driver that way the pl.o is unloaded. Has the problem arisen the
interference between pt_drv.o and pl.o fixed in the latest version of the
driver, i.e., can I have the two modules loaded at the same time?

Besten Dank!
	Zoltan

On Freitag, 26. Juli 2002 09:04, Zoltan Kovacs wrote:
[SNIP]
> Sorry for my thoughtlessness! My RH distribution has SANE 1.0.3 but I've
> tried to use the version 0.42 of the driver. Of course it won't work. But
> I upgraded my SANE to the version to 1.0.8, recomplied and reinstalled the
> driver again. Then it works! So I can say that under RedHat 7.1 the
> Plustek scanner driver of version 0.42 for SANE 1.0.8 is OK. I made
> several scannings with xscanimage. I used it in binary and grayscale modes
> (600 dpi). The obtained page images were perfect.
>  The only problem is the operation in the color with the maximal
> resolution (1200 dpi).

I've forgotten your scanner type... It might be the problem with the ASIC.
Former ASICS like the 96001 or 96003 used in Devices like OP4830, 9630 or
9636P are not able to buffer data and so it happens that they loose data
execpt the driver behaves no very cooperative to the system and stops every
other activity (like the ones under Windoze)...
If you have a device like 9636T, PT12 or so, the problem should not exist
or I have a problem within the driver...

> I get a only nose in the image instead of any
> page images but I think it is because of the SANE and not the driver.
>  Anyway, I have a question concerning with pl.o. At the moment I use the
> driver that way the pl.o is unloaded. Has the problem arisen the
> interference between pt_drv.o and pl.o fixed in the latest version of the
> driver, i.e., can I have the two modules loaded at the same time?

What's pl.o? Never heard of it. You might enlighten me there ;-)

> Besten Dank!
> 	Zoltan

Kein Problem
  Gerhard
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:

> On Freitag, 26. Juli 2002 09:04, Zoltan Kovacs wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > Sorry for my thoughtlessness! My RH distribution has SANE 1.0.3 but I've
> > tried to use the version 0.42 of the driver. Of course it won't work. But
> > I upgraded my SANE to the version to 1.0.8, recomplied and reinstalled the
> > driver again. Then it works! So I can say that under RedHat 7.1 the
> > Plustek scanner driver of version 0.42 for SANE 1.0.8 is OK. I made
> > several scannings with xscanimage. I used it in binary and grayscale modes
> > (600 dpi). The obtained page images were perfect.
> >  The only problem is the operation in the color with the maximal
> > resolution (1200 dpi).
>
> I've forgotten your scanner type... It might be the problem with the ASIC.
> Former ASICS like the 96001 or 96003 used in Devices like OP4830, 9630 or
> 9636P are not able to buffer data and so it happens that they loose data
> execpt the driver behaves no very cooperative to the system and stops every
> other activity (like the ones under Windoze)...
> If you have a device like 9636T, PT12 or so, the problem should not exist
> or I have a problem within the driver...

I have  OpticPro P12 scanner. Should it work?

> > I get a only nose in the image instead of any
> > page images but I think it is because of the SANE and not the driver.
> >  Anyway, I have a question concerning with pl.o. At the moment I use the
> > driver that way the pl.o is unloaded. Has the problem arisen the
> > interference between pt_drv.o and pl.o fixed in the latest version of the
> > driver, i.e., can I have the two modules loaded at the same time?
>
> What's pl.o? Never heard of it. You might enlighten me there ;-)

Sorry for my second thoughtlessness! It's not pl.o but lp.o, of course.

Zoltan