plustek: Thread: HP2200C

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: HP2200C
From: sjonnie ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jul 2002 20:05:32 -0000

Hello All,
After upgrading to kernel 2.4.18 the USB plustek/hpscanner works !!! and
produces VERY fine images (thanks !!!!)
 (kernel 2.4.16 and Sane 1.08 gave, besides the lamp
and some initial steppermotor movement, nothing but hard system_lock_ups).

There are a few things that worry me :
there are high pitch "squeeek" sounds from the steppermoter on
initiation/calibration.  After that scanning is somewhat like two steps
forward ,one step back (the table is almost shaking....) so no smooth movement
even at 50 dpi. The return is normal and smooth...
Under WinXP these problems do not exist , but who cares....
The lamp does not shut down after scanning (no matter what I put in the
plustec.conf ) But that is no real problem. (after unloading the usb-uhci
module, it has to go out anyway)
Is there by any chance a way of altering "some values"
to get this stepper motor working smoothly?

sjonnie te Linde

lsusb:
  Language IDs: 0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 03f0:0605 Hewlett-Packard
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol       255
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x03f0 Hewlett-Packard
  idProduct          0x0605
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2 HP ScanJet 2200C
  iSerial                 0