plustek: Thread: Problems with Epson 1250

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problems with Epson 1250
From: Jean-Jacques de Jong ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2002 12:20:28 -0000

I got my Epson 1250 to work on my Mandrake 8.2 just a few times. With
Sane 1.0.7 (from Mdk 8.2) I got bad colors. After upgrading to Sane
1.0.8, I got correct colors.

But most of the time, I can't get the scanner to work with Sane,
although it works with VueScan. sane-find-scanner finds my scanner, but
scanimage finds nothing. In my syslog I get the message "scanner.c:
open_scanner(0): Scanner device is already open/".

/Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks,
JJJ/
/

I had a similar problem as well. As it turns out you will probably have 2
sets of SANE libraries in you machine. The old one has to be deleted. I used
the "locate" app to find the libraries (look for "sane") and got rid of the
old ones... and it worked fine after that...

Mark

I upgraded via RPMs, so I guess this process should have removed the old
libraries. I did check anyway, and I didn't find any old libraries around.

So does anyone have another idea what the problem may come from?

JJJ