plustek: Thread: Umax 3400 scanimage detection

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Umax 3400 scanimage detection
From: "Thomas" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Oct 2002 08:58:24 -0000

Hi,
    I seem to be having some trouble with the drivers.  With the drivers bundled with Redhat 8.0's RPM (sane 1.0.8-5) my Umax Net e3420 (3400 to you guys).  After loading scanner.o to the right vender and product numbers sane-find-scanner finds it and scanimage ( sees it as a plustek scanner ) then attempts to scan.  The light is on and it starts moving but then grinds gears for half-a-second then stops goes back to the starting point and repeates some error over and over.  To combat this I tried compiling 1.0.8 with the newest plustek drivers.  After scanner.o and sane-find-scanner (detects just like it did with the RPM version) i try 'scanimage -L' and it doens't recognize it at all!  I tried this with a default ( no patches ) 1.0.9 pre1.  Same problem.  I'm willing to try _anything_ short of editing the sourcecode of the drivers =P.  Any ideas?  Oh and one more question:  What seems to be a good cheapish brand of scanners that are well supported drivers-wise ( in linux/sane and maybe winXP [if you know] )?

Thomas