plustek: Thread: Re: PLUSTEK: Genius CP-HR7X Slim - Fail - Help to get it working !!!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: PLUSTEK: Genius CP-HR7X Slim - Fail - Help to get it working !!!
From: Gerhard Jaeger ####@####.####
Date: 29 Oct 2002 08:05:00 -0000

Hi Ricardo,

according to the images on the Genius homepage, I assume that the HR7X is
not a LM983x based device. It's rather the same as the new Plustek ST24 and
this scanner uses a Genesys Logic GL646 ASIC
(see http://www.genesyslogic.com/GL646.htm)

So the scanner won't be supported so far...

On Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 05:53, Junior, Ricardo (t) wrote:
[SNIP]
>    I know PHP develop language... but I know the basic of C/C++ and I want
> to help the SANE project... (and if is possible, have my scanner working on
> linux too ;) )
>
>    What can I do to help you to get my scanner linux ready?

Get the documentation and write a backend for this chipset.

>    How can I know the chip of my scanner? (to verify if is a LM9831/2/3
> based USB scanners)

You might open the scanner or try and download the checkmerlin programm
from the plustek backend homepage...

Sorry for this "bad" news
  Gerhard
I will open my scanner to get the chip info, once the checkmerlim returns a
I/O error...

I will keep you posted if I get some news !

Thanks,
Ricardo Jr.