plustek: Thread: CanoScan N670U under SANE 1.0.8

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: CanoScan N670U under SANE 1.0.8
From: ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2002 21:42:06 -0000

Hello,

I am working with the developers of canonscanner.sourceforge.net and have
worked on the CanoScan N670U. Before helping them, I looked at the SANE
project page and I could not find a hint for support of my scanner model.

Today I had too much time and I surfed through the web, finding out that SANE
has changed its website overview of supported scanners. I looked for my model
and was wondering it should be supported by the plustek backend. So I have
spent my time for low :-(

Now my question: Because of working on a backend, my scanner already is
included in modules.conf with vendor id 0x04a9 and product id 0x220d.
Although I have set up the plustek.conf with

[usb] 0x04A9 0x220D
device /dev/usbscanner

xsane is unable to find my scanner. I took the original plustek.conf and put
hash markes before [paralell] and device /dev/pt_drv. The rest of the given
options are still untouched, except the two options mentioned below.

What could be wrong? If the scanner is really working with this backend, I
have to tell the developers of canonscanner.sf.net that they can stop
supporting the N670U.

I was pleased to get an answer

Regards

Christian