plustek: Thread: PLUSTEK: Ganius CP-HR7X Slim - Fail - Help to get it working !!!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: PLUSTEK: Ganius CP-HR7X Slim - Fail - Help to get it working !!!
From: "Junior, Ricardo (t)" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Oct 2002 04:58:25 -0000

Hi All !

   I've tried to make my scanner "Genius ColorPage HR7X Slim" (USB) work on
linux with plustek backend, but without success.
   I'm using Mandrake 9.0 without updateds:
      Kernel 2.4.19-16mdk
      sane-backends-1.0.8-5mdk
      libsane1-devel-1.0.8-5mdk
      libsane1-1.0.8-5mdk

   I have already run "modprobe scanner" command and it was loaded
successfuly.
   My device is on /dev/usb/scanner0.
   And "sane-find-scanner" can find it properly, but scanimage seems to be
not able to comunicate with it.
   I'm sending attached a TEXT file with the most relevant commands and them
outputs (in debug mode). (scanimage with maximum debug messesnger enabled.)

   I know PHP develop language... but I know the basic of C/C++ and I want
to help the SANE project... (and if is possible, have my scanner working on
linux too ;) )

   What can I do to help you to get my scanner linux ready?
   How can I know the chip of my scanner? (to verify if is a LM9831/2/3
based USB scanners)

Cheers,
Ricardo Jr.
From Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
"All for one, our burning hearts will live forever
One for all, together standing strong!"  (HammerFall-HammerFall)

[Content type application/octet-stream not shown. Download]