plustek: Thread: Greetings, and a call for some help please

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Greetings, and a call for some help please
From: Lars Goldschlager ####@####.####
Date: 1 Dec 2002 21:47:31 -0000

Greetings, I jsut joined the list to see if I could
get some help.. I was just to a bazaar and purchased a
scanner for $3, I tought it would be fun to try and
make the thing work.. Now I would like if any of you
could poitn or suggest documentation to me to help me
make it work or extend plustek driver to include this
scanner... The scanner itself is an Image Reader ER-6C
color scanner, pretty old. Upon opening it I see it is
based on Plustek system, it uses a plustek P92001 ASIC
and it's controlled by two microcontrollers an intel
P-80C31 unlabaled and a WinBond 78C51020
Microicontroller (8bit stuff I checked) that has
"PLUSTEK 94001" printed on it.

Also  hooked directly to the 92001 there is a PROM
whose label states: ScanPlus V2.00 CSP, Copyright 1994
Plustek inc.

So this baby is plustek all round, too sad it is based
on the (at leats as said in the sane page) unsupported
92001 but i will try to make my best makign this baby
supported, so any pointers, help, documentation you
coudl share with me?

Attn.
Lars

=====
A dragon         ((    ))
lights your  ///\ (o<>o) /\\\
I'm afraid, that there is no documentation for that stuff available,
at least I don't have any - sorry.

Gerhard