plustek: Thread: Epson 1260 and negatives

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Epson 1260 and negatives
From: Kiraly Andras ####@####.####
Date: 14 Feb 2003 21:02:26 -0000

Hallo,

I just got back my repared Epson Perfection 1260. It works well if
I scan normal photographs. But the colors are wrong if I scan negatives.
I use XSane to scan and tried all negative types. I use Sane 1.0.10 and
the
latest (0.45-4) plustek-backend. The colors are not totally wrong, but
have
too much green or blue. The next thing is, that the colors of the preview
are not the same as the scanned negative. (e.g. if preview has to much
green the scanned picture has too much blue and I cannot correct it
manually).
I don't know, if this is the right place, but it would be nice to have
a setting for b/w negatives, as I take a lot of b/w pictures ;)

regards,
András

good to hear, that the device works again and sorry for any
inconvenience so far...
Well - the negatives didn't look that bad here, but I'll check.
To obtain b/w, simply use your favorite image manipulation program
for this - okay, I'll add this to the wish-list...

Cheers
  Gerhard