plustek: Thread: driver killed my Epson 1260... and I repaired it :-)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: driver killed my Epson 1260... and I repaired it :-)
From: Thorsten Schnebeck ####@####.####
Date: 8 Dec 2002 02:41:26 -0000

Hi!

During some test with the plustek-driver from sane-1.0.9 with xsane I killed
my Epson 1260 scanner. The device was dead. The green frontpanel LED did not
work.

I opend the device (2 skews backside) and checked the connector PCB. F2 (a
SMD-fuse) was defect. It is labeled with "FK". Sorry, I don't know anything
about technical data of this fuse, so  I changed it with something I had at
home (250V/1A T) and adopt it to the SMD pads.

After this the scanner works again.

My test results so far:

Driver works perfect with any mutiple of 75dpi to 1200dpi.
Choosing something like 800dpi the steppermotor is very noisy and scan-process
very slow. I killed my scanner, when make a 2400-dpi scan. (Ok, ok its a
1200dpi device but xsane offers me that resolution and I was curious :-)

Bye

  Thorsten

On Sunday, 8. December 2002 03:35, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> During some test with the plustek-driver from sane-1.0.9 with xsane I
> killed my Epson 1260 scanner. The device was dead. The green frontpanel LED
> did not work.

oops!

> I opend the device (2 skews backside) and checked the connector PCB. F2 (a
> SMD-fuse) was defect. It is labeled with "FK". Sorry, I don't know anything
> about technical data of this fuse, so  I changed it with something I had at
> home (250V/1A T) and adopt it to the SMD pads.

Good hint,

> After this the scanner works again.
>
> My test results so far:
>
> Driver works perfect with any mutiple of 75dpi to 1200dpi.
> Choosing something like 800dpi the steppermotor is very noisy and
> scan-process very slow. I killed my scanner, when make a 2400-dpi scan.
> (Ok, ok its a 1200dpi device but xsane offers me that resolution and I was
> curious :-)

2400dpi can be peroformed with motor-steps, the y resolution woll be inter-
polated.

In the meantime I have a 1260 Photo here an check all the settings within
the next days (if I find some time).

Gerhard