plustek: Thread: Fedora and CanoScan N 650U

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Fedora and CanoScan N 650U
From: Roger Skildum ####@####.####
Date: 14 Aug 2004 22:08:34 +0100

Hi,
  I hope someone can answer my questions.  I have been using my CanoScan
N 650U scanner with Linux using the plustek module long before it was
even working correctly.  I believe it was with RH 8.0 that I first got
it working correctly by compiling the most recent Sane and Plustek from
source.  I was so happy that it finally worked great and no longer has
to switch to MS Win to use my scanner.  When I switched to Fedora Core 1
I was pleased that my scanner worked out of the box without having to do
any configuration.  Unfortunately though when I updated the Sane
packages latter on the quality of the scanned images became virtually
unusable again.   I tried changing various setting but was never able to
get an usable picture.  I hoped that when I upgraded to Fedora core 2
that it would work again but unfortunately it is the  same.  Fedora Core
1 came with Sane-backends 1.0.12-4, I am not sure what the upgrade
package version that broke it was.  Fedora Core 2 comes with  1.0.13-7.

So for the questions, Is this a known problem with this scanner?  If so,
is there a fix?  If not, is it possible to use the older sane, 1.0.12
with the 2.6 kernel?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Roger Skildum