plustek: Thread: scanning range of a Optic pro 1236P on parrallel port

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: scanning range of a Optic pro 1236P on parrallel port
From: Christophe ####@####.####
Date: 13 Aug 2004 21:07:27 +0100

Hi,

I have a question about my scanner Optic Pro 1236 P.
I use Mdk 10Community with a 2.6 kernel and XSane 0.92. It sees the scanner as
"a Plustec Optic Pro 1200-9600 Parallel port flattbed scanner on parport0"
It works right "most of the time" but... it sometimes try to keep scanning as it get to the end of the scanning range, meaning a the bottom of the page. Then it cracks until I stop it.

Do you have any idea what is wong in any config file ?

Chris

On Friday 13 August 2004 21:50, Christophe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about my scanner Optic Pro 1236 P.
> I use Mdk 10Community with a 2.6 kernel and XSane 0.92. It sees the scanner
> as "a Plustec Optic Pro 1200-9600 Parallel port flattbed scanner on
> parport0" It works right "most of the time" but... it sometimes try to keep
> scanning as it get to the end of the scanning range, meaning a the bottom
> of the page. Then it cracks until I stop it.
>
> Do you have any idea what is wong in any config file ?

There's nothing wrong in the config file, as you can't controll the scan-bed
size there. The problem is, and always will be, that the driver itself
sometimes looses track of the sensor, and therefore it'll hit the scan-bed.
I'm afraid, that you can't do anything.

Ciao,
  Gerhard