plustek: Thread: Canon Lide 20 not detected by scanimage

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Canon Lide 20 not detected by scanimage
From: Felix Holzke ####@####.####
Date: 7 Sep 2004 16:46:35 +0100

Hi,

although my canon lide 20 scanner is said to be supported by the plustek
sane backend it refuses to work with my 2.6.7 kernel. I got it working
some months ago with 2.4 kernel, but with bad quality, so I have not
tried again for such a long time. But now I can run only the libusb
subsystem with 2.6 and the lide 20 does not respond. Running as root (to
avoid the usb access right problem) I could not succeed either. Can
anybody give a hint what my fault could be?

It is detected by sane-find-scanner but not by scanimage -L. Below there
is my configuration and debug output.

regards,
Felix

---

I have added these two lines in my plustek.conf:
[usb] 0x04a9 0x220d
device libusb:002:004

sane-find-scanner says:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220d [CanoScan],
chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:002:004

and the plustek debug output (as answer to scanimage -L) is as follows:

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of plustek to 20.
[plustek] Plustek backend V0.47-11, part of sane-backends 1.0.14
[plustek] ># Plustek-SANE Backend configuration file<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >[usb] 0x04a9 0x220d<
[plustek] next device is a USB device (0x04A9-0x220D)
[plustek] ... next device
[plustek] >device libusb:002:004<
[plustek] Decoding device name >libusb:002:004<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option lampOff 300<
[plustek] Decoding option >lampOff<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option warmup 15<
[plustek] Decoding option >warmup<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option lOffOnEnd 1<
[plustek] Decoding option >lOffOnEnd<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option posOffX 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >posOffX<
[plustek] >option posOffY 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >posOffY<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option tpaOffX 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >tpaOffX<
[plustek] >option tpaOffY 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >tpaOffY<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option negOffX 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >negOffX<
[plustek] >option negOffY 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >negOffY<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option posShadingY -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >posShadingY<
[plustek] >option tpaShadingY -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >tpaShadingY<
[plustek] >option negShadingY -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >negShadingY<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option invertNegatives 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >invertNegatives<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option cacheCalData 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >cacheCalData<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option altCalibration 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >altCalibration<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option skipCalibration 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >skipCalibration<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option skipFine 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >skipFine<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option skipFineWhite 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >skipFineWhite<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option red_gain   -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >red_gain<
[plustek] >option green_gain -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >green_gain<
[plustek] >option blue_gain  -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >blue_gain<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option red_lampoff   -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >red_lampoff<
[plustek] >option green_lampoff -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >green_lampoff<
[plustek] >option blue_lampoff  -1<
[plustek] Decoding option >blue_lampoff<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option redGamma         1.0<
[plustek] Decoding option >redGamma<
[plustek] >option greenGamma       1.0<
[plustek] Decoding option >greenGamma<
[plustek] >option blueGamma        1.0<
[plustek] Decoding option >blueGamma<
[plustek] >option grayGamma        1.0<
[plustek] Decoding option >grayGamma<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option enableTPA 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >enableTPA<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] >option mov 0<
[plustek] Decoding option >mov<
[plustek] ><
[plustek] ><
[plustek] attach (libusb:002:004, 0xbfffc740, (nil))
[plustek] Device configuration:
[plustek] device name  : >libusb:002:004<
[plustek] USB-ID       : >0x04A9-0x220D<
[plustek] model ovr.   : 0
[plustek] warmup       : 15s
[plustek] lampOff      : 300
[plustek] lampOffOnEnd : yes
[plustek] cacheCalData : no
[plustek] altCalibrate : no
[plustek] skipCalibr.  : no
[plustek] skipFine     : no
[plustek] skipFineWhite: no
[plustek] invertNegs.  : no
[plustek] pos_x        : 0
[plustek] pos_y        : 0
[plustek] pos_shading_y: -1
[plustek] neg_x        : 0
[plustek] neg_y        : 0
[plustek] neg_shading_y: -1
[plustek] tpa_x        : 0
[plustek] tpa_y        : 0
[plustek] tpa_shading_y: -1
[plustek] red gain     : -1
[plustek] green gain   : -1
[plustek] blue gain    : -1
[plustek] red lampoff  : -1
[plustek] green lampoff: -1
[plustek] blue lampoff : -1
[plustek] red Gamma    : 1.00
[plustek] green Gamma  : 1.00
[plustek] blue Gamma   : 1.00
[plustek] gray Gamma   : 1.00
[plustek] ---------------------
[plustek] usbDev_open(libusb:002:004,0x04A9-0x220D)
[plustek] open failed: -1
[plustek] sane_get_devices (0xbfffe858, 0)
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname BT878 video (Hauppauge (bt878))
virtual device
[plustek] sane_exit

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 17:44, Felix Holzke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> although my canon lide 20 scanner is said to be supported by the plustek
> sane backend it refuses to work with my 2.6.7 kernel. I got it working
> some months ago with 2.4 kernel, but with bad quality, so I have not
> tried again for such a long time. But now I can run only the libusb
> subsystem with 2.6 and the lide 20 does not respond. Running as root (to
> avoid the usb access right problem) I could not succeed either. Can
> anybody give a hint what my fault could be?
>
> It is detected by sane-find-scanner but not by scanimage -L. Below there
> is my configuration and debug output.

I guess the configuration is wrong, try the following:

[usb]
device auto

remove all the other stuff...

Ciao,