plustek: Thread: Problems with Kernel 2.6.4 (SuSE 9.1)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problems with Kernel 2.6.4 (SuSE 9.1)
From: "Christof Bodner" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2004 18:21:38 +0100

Hi,

I have problems installing the sane-backend for the Plustek OpticPro
4800P.

First, I tried

[direct]
device parport0

in /etc/sane.d/plustek_pp.conf

This results in:
# scanimage -d plustek_pp:/dev/parport0
scanimage: open of device plustek_pp:/dev/parport0 failed: Error during
device I/O

and
#dmesg
ppdev: user-space parallel port driver
ppdev0: claim the port first
ppdev0: claim the port first
ppdev0: claim the port first

Second:
Trying to build the kernel-module results in a problem, because in
src/misc.c, line #834, the function parport_enumerate() has been removed
from the 2.6.4 kernel.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Christof

 Christof Bodner ####@####.####
   Linux - Life is too short for reboots
Tel.:  +43-676-7215383
ICQ:   22085157
PLEASE USE PGP! Public Key ID 0x9FAAFD25
available at
                http://pgp.mit.edu/