plustek: Thread: Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II
From: Alessandro Ohde ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jul 2002 15:31:21 -0000

Hello,

	I have a Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II paralell port scanner (EICI 119600
ASIC) that according to the plustek-module README file is supported,
which I'd like to use under my Linux system (Slackware 8.0 + kernel
2.4.18), but I'm having problems loading pt_drv (plustek-module-0_42_9 +
sane-1.0.8)...

	The BIOS parallel port is set to EPP mode, port 0x378. The parport module
is compiled without IEEE 1284 transfer mode.
The dmesg command reports the following after trying to modprobe pt_drv:

pt_drv: init_module()
pt_drv : driver version 0.42-10
ProcFsInitialize()
ptdrvInit(0)
Init settings done
ScanData = 0xc3e70000
Using slow I/O
Requested port at 0x378
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP(,...)]
parport0: irq 7 detected
Requested port (0x378) found
Port mode reported: (0x0041)
Port for device 0 registered
ptdrvOpen(port=0x378)
Try to claim the parport
parport-modi: SPP
Using SPP-mode
Trying faster mode...
Starting Scanner-Autodetection
************ DETECTP48xx ************
ModelSet4800()
modelInitPageSettings()
A4 set
ModelSet4800() done.
P48xxInitAsic()
DacInitialize()
ImageInitialize()
IOFuncInitialize()
IOInitialize()
MotorInitialize()
Dataport = 0x0378
Ctrlport = 0x037a
Test 0x55
Test 0xAA
Compare data=0x7e and status=0x7e, port=0x378
detectScannerConnection() returns -9021.
************* ASIC9800x *************
IOInitialize()
ASIC = 0x77
Unknown ASIC-ID