plustek: Thread: Epson Perfection 1260 Photo weirdness

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Epson Perfection 1260 Photo weirdness
From: Jonty ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2005 01:34:53 +0100

Hi,

I have an Epson Perfection 1260 Photo and am running Sane-Backends
1.0.15 from the Gentoo portage.

When I attempt to scan any image in colour over 400 DPI the scanner
behaves very strangely - in black and white it's fine to any resolution,
but in colour, only to 400 DPI.

When I go over this limit, the scanner will scan in stops-and-starts,
pausing for about a tenth of a second every now and then until it
reaches the end of the bed, where it will attempt to keep scanning while
making a nasty clunking sound. This will happen for about a minute, at
which point the scanner will finish.

It seems that the scanner believes that the bed is bigger than it
actually is, and I have no idea what the stopping-and-starting is all
about.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me
nuts!

Thanks,
Jonty
--
[e]: ####@####.####
[w]: electrichamster.net

On Monday 09 May 2005 02:35, Jonty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Epson Perfection 1260 Photo and am running Sane-Backends
> 1.0.15 from the Gentoo portage.
>
> When I attempt to scan any image in colour over 400 DPI the scanner
> behaves very strangely - in black and white it's fine to any resolution,
> but in colour, only to 400 DPI.
>
> When I go over this limit, the scanner will scan in stops-and-starts,
> pausing for about a tenth of a second every now and then until it
> reaches the end of the bed, where it will attempt to keep scanning while
> making a nasty clunking sound. This will happen for about a minute, at
> which point the scanner will finish.
>
> It seems that the scanner believes that the bed is bigger than it
> actually is, and I have no idea what the stopping-and-starting is all
> about.
>
> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me
> nuts!

Hi,

could you please donwload the latest snapshot from sane-project.org,
compile, install and test?

This should fix this issue!
Gerhard