plustek: Thread: Re: Plustek OpticPro 12000T - solved

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Plustek OpticPro 12000T - solved
From: Jastra ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2008 12:20:15 -0000

Hi :-)

Finally the problem seems solved.
It was necessary to remove sysklogd and install syslog-ng instead. It has
resulted correct system messages recording.

Then I have created /dev/pt_drv* devices manually.

Then, it was necessary to load the module with command:

insmod /lib/..full../path../to../the/drivers/parport/pt_drv.ko

without the full path insmod reported "no such file or directory"

Later, it was only necessary to check configuration of
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf (enable plustek_pp)
/etc/sane.d/plustek_pp.conf (enable kernel module mode)
Sane was installed from Debian Etch package.

As result I can scan from GIMP.

I am not sure, what will happen after restart, but that is minor problem.

So, the problem source was in system logging daemon. Well... life...
Hope it will be useful for somebody in future.

Many thanks for your time
Best greetings
Basia

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 13:19:50 Jastra wrote:
> Hi :-)
>
> Finally the problem seems solved.
> It was necessary to remove sysklogd and install syslog-ng instead. It has
> resulted correct system messages recording.
>
> Then I have created /dev/pt_drv* devices manually.
>
> Then, it was necessary to load the module with command:
>
> insmod /lib/..full../path../to../the/drivers/parport/pt_drv.ko
>
> without the full path insmod reported "no such file or directory"
>
> Later, it was only necessary to check configuration of
> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf (enable plustek_pp)
> /etc/sane.d/plustek_pp.conf (enable kernel module mode)
> Sane was installed from Debian Etch package.
>
> As result I can scan from GIMP.
>
> I am not sure, what will happen after restart, but that is minor problem.
>
> So, the problem source was in system logging daemon. Well... life...
> Hope it will be useful for somebody in future.

Thanks for reporting, have fun
Gerhard