primax: Color tuning bug.

Subject: Re: Color tuning bug.
From: ####@####.#### (Thomas Schano)
Date: 16 Nov 1999 21:41:13 -0000

Brent Frre wrote:

> I try to use your marvelous software, but have too dark pictures.
> Trying to tune picture appearance (brightness, contrast, gamma) using the -c
> option, I noticed something that I consider as a bug:

> By the way, I have always too dark pictures. When I try to inlight it, it
> becomes more and more red. Do you have information about normal values for the
> color scales ? Idea of values to be used ? Way those values changes the picture
> aspect ? Sample of the result ?
>
> The driver I downloaded seemd to date of march 99. What is the latest version ?
> Where could I found it ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Brent Frere.

Hi to all,

I'm the 3rd man in the driver-team. I haven't written the NDA and so I have no information about
the internals of the scanner written in the specs. But I found a datasheet of the ADC (LM9811) at
national's hompage. With this information and the Version 0.2 of the driver I implemented a
calibration. This calibration-routine isn't finished yet, but it should help you with the dark
colors. Please try it.

Notice the calibration isn't ready yet. So it would be helpful if you DO NOT report bugs
documented in the Readme.
If you want to report errors please look into the mailing-archive and DO NOT report errors twice.
The Version 0.91 of the driver isn't checked by any other user yet. It isn't checked with any
graphical frontend, too.

To Christian: Please leave a copy of the new version 0.91 at your homepage.

Thomas Schano