primax: Colorado D600 is working !

Subject: Re: Colorado D600 is working !
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 30 Oct 1999 21:10:54 -0000

On 15-Oct-99 Romain Oddoart wrote:
> Hi Marco !
>
> I wrote a carrige-return-only program based on your "carrige_backward" function,
> and IT WORKS !! The scan can return to the initial position. Last night, it was
> just a try, but I'll modify the code this week-end to achieve a clean carrige
> initialisation on each scan (perhaps a specific -return option, or something
> like that).
>
> However, the scanner doesn't work anymore under windows (but no matter because
> it works totally under Linux ;)))
>
> I will now start to work on a specific front-end for primax_scan software. I'll
> write it in tcl/tk (that is the graphical language I best know). My first wish
> is to achieve a "preview scan" (scan the entire A4 page with low resolution) and
> display it. After that, the user will chose the zone to scan directly on the
> preview image ; that will create the good -p and -d option to scan a specific
> zone.
>
> I will see later for the other options, once this job will be finished !!
>
> If someone want to help me, he is welcome !!
>
> I'll send you the first example as soon as it works.

Sounds good, but we recognized problems with low resolution scans. The original driver uses
a different method to achieve the preview, but there's no real work done towards this in our current driver.

Maybe the low-resolution stuff works with your model, would be nice if you could report this to us.

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.