primax: Thread: Colorado D600 is working !

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Colorado D600 is working !
From: ####@####.#### (Romain Oddoart)
Date: 13 Oct 1999 13:38:32 -0000

Hi !

I have a primax colorado d600 scanner. I just tried your software and it works
without source modification. An image have been correctly scanned, and the color
settings seems to be good.

But I have one problem : the lamp doesn't come back to its initial position, and
stays where it is. So the second scan isn't working, because the lamp start from
the middle of the page and blocks when is at the end of the page. I tried to
initialize this under windows, but the problem is the same : No return to the
reference point, and the moter is blocking in the bottom of the page. I spent 2
or 3 hours to try to solve this problem. I acheive once, unplugging the power
and the parrallel port (but I think I was Lucky at this time). Now the scanner
doesn't work since yesterday night, even under windows.

Some friends of mine told me that the problems appears sometimes on their
scanners (they have the same model), and that they can't do anything, except
wait for 2 weeks. And suddently, the scanner is working after a long period.
Strange !!! Thinking about bad capacitance discharge effect. I tried to
discharge "by hand" the capacitors on the scanner board, but it didn't solve my
problem.

PLEASE HELP !!!
Can anyone should indicate me if a such problem already appears ?? I'm open for
all comments, remarqs, or just advices.

When I will solve this problem, I'm interested in helping the project, trying to
write a specific front-end for this tool. If someone have the same idea, or have
already started to work on a such front-end, I'm interested by working with him,
or help him on the code.

I'm waiting for your replies !!

Thank you for your help.

And also thank you for the great tool that allow me to forget M$ ZindoZ$ to use
my hardware.

	Romain ODDOART
> But I have one problem : the lamp doesn't come back to its initial position, and
> stays where it is. So the second scan isn't working, because the lamp start from
> the middle of the page and blocks when is at the end of the page. I tried to
> initialize this under windows, but the problem is the same : No return to the
> reference point, and the moter is blocking in the bottom of the page. I spent 2
> or 3 hours to try to solve this problem. I acheive once, unplugging the power
> and the parrallel port (but I think I was Lucky at this time). Now the scanner
> doesn't work since yesterday night, even under windows.

I have not seen such a behavior up to now. Sounds quite strange. At
least it
should work under Windows.
You could try to write a carrige-move-back-only program. Have
a look at the code.

Just some remarks about the "bad capacitance discharge effect". You
should unplug even the parallel port cable. I have seen the scanner
working with no real power supply as long as you don't turn on or move
the lamp. It gets the power from the computer over the paralell port.

Marco
--
Marco Foglia | Paul Scherrer Institut  | phone     +41 56 310 36 39
             | CH-5232 Villingen       | ####@####.####
#include <math.h>
main(){int i=5;for(;i;)printf("%c\n",(int)(81+7.3*sin(i---5.75)));}