primax: Thread: Status of D9600

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Status of D9600
From: Dominic ####@####.####
Date: 14 Oct 1999 20:11:36 -0000

Hi,

I am new to this list and as an owner of a Primax Direct 9600 I wondered
what the
status, of the driver for this scanner, was. Did Primax release the
information
for this model. If they did is it possible to get hold of it and maybe
help
out on the development of the support for this model.

Cheers

/Dominic

> I am new to this list and as an owner of a Primax Direct 9600 I wondered
> what the
> status, of the driver for this scanner, was. Did Primax release the
> information
> for this model. If they did is it possible to get hold of it and maybe
> help
> out on the development of the support for this model.

Well they released general information about the chipset they use in this scanner, but we aren't allowed
to give these raw specs to third persons, because we've signed an NDA for it. As far as we have an alphe version
for the so called "E3" Chipset we'll release the sources, which is allowed by the NDA.

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.