primax: Thread: how to access functionality ( was Re: Colorado 9600 USB )

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: how to access functionality ( was Re: Colorado 9600 USB )
From: C Hennessy ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2000 19:17:29 -0000

Christian Ordig wrote:

> On 08-Feb-00 C Hennessy wrote:
> > Also on a more general point, do you think that it is time to put the
> > code
> > onto a CVS server ( e.g. sourceforge.org ) ?
> public CVS isn't available yet... but we're currently setting things up on sourceforge...
Great.

> > Also what way do you see the code working when we get to version 1.0 ?
> > i.e. as a part of SANE, a demon on it's own, or .... ?
> > I am interested as I am adding a KDE interface.
> 1.0 will still be a command line tool... then we'll make it a SANE backend... skelleton
> seems to be there...
Is anyone working on the SANE stuff at the moment ?

> > Is this interesting for anyone ?
> well... will become uniteresting when the SANE stuff is finally there... ;-)

I guess as much :-) but thought that we may get some more interest from
people
if it was available.

CP
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 10 Feb 2000 15:43:52 -0000

On 09-Feb-00 C Hennessy wrote:
> Christian Ordig wrote:
>>
>> On 08-Feb-00 C Hennessy wrote:
>> > Also on a more general point, do you think that it is time to put the
>> > code
>> > onto a CVS server ( e.g. sourceforge.org ) ?
>> public CVS isn't available yet... but we're currently setting things up on sourceforge...
> Great.
>
>> > Also what way do you see the code working when we get to version 1.0 ?
>> > i.e. as a part of SANE, a demon on it's own, or .... ?
>> > I am interested as I am adding a KDE interface.
>> 1.0 will still be a command line tool... then we'll make it a SANE backend... skelleton
>> seems to be there...
> Is anyone working on the SANE stuff at the moment ?

well... Marco has a skeletton of the backend - as he told me... just the structs and so on... but no
scanning functionality, yet...

>> > Is this interesting for anyone ?
>> well... will become uniteresting when the SANE stuff is finally there... ;-)
>
> I guess as much :-) but thought that we may get some more interest from
> people
> if it was available.
Well... maybe a KDE interface is less worth than a GIMP Interface...
But remember: there's already a TCL interface... I think there's no real need for another
none SANE GUI, if you really want to do it... simply feel free... above is only my oppinion...

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
   __   _                   |
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.
From: "David Edwards" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Feb 2000 18:35:22 -0000

>   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
>  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to
waiting
> /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.

Please stop sending Colorado messages to this address. I no longer have the
scanner and therefore have no further interest.

From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 10 Feb 2000 21:53:36 -0000