primax: Thread: PrimaxGUI for pxscan...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: PrimaxGUI for pxscan...
From: Malcolm Lashley ####@####.####
Date: 29 Mar 2000 10:28:06 -0000

Adriano Freitas wrote:

>         But I have a bad news.. :(   It doesnt work for my scanner (Colorado
> Direct 9600)

<Stuff deleted>

pxscan works just fine with my Colorado Direct 9600 - I don't have the -v2 debug
output to hand, but I'll try and generate some for you.

I have been working on adjusting the PrimaxGUI to work with pxscan. It is not
completely working yet, bute here is a summary for those of you who wish to get
started.

- You need to change the preview resolution in the PrimaxGUI code to 100 (pxscan
doesn't support -r50)
- For the preview display change the -subsample line from 2 2 to 4 4 to
correspond with the new resolution.
- Since PrimaxGUI does version checking on the version of primax_scan used - I
re-compiled pxscan with VERSION #defined to 1.8
and renamed it to primax_scan in the /usr/local/bin/ directory.

With these changes you should have basic preview, selection and scanning
functionality.

Now I have to figure out why the selection on the preview doesn't quite match
the actual area which is scanned - then I'll post some diffs
for the completed version.

Malc.