primax: Thread: Primax colorado 600p (parallel port)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Primax colorado 600p (parallel port)
From: "Dousak May (Phoebus Apollonus)" ####@####.####
Date: 27 May 2000 13:19:53 -0000

Hi

I have a Primax colorado 600p (parallelport) scanner and the primax scan
V 0.93 doesn't recognize it (it just returns "scanner did not switch to
EPP mode.....not compatible?').
Is there a new version or other software that can work with this model
of scanner??

I found also one more bug...it coult be motherboard's fault, or
program's -> if I activate BOTH ecp + epp (in bios) it does NOT
recognize epp mode (it returns 'this port is not epp-compatible' or
something simmilar).

Tnx

FeBo

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 09:40:20AM +0200, Dousak May (Phoebus Apollonus) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Primax colorado 600p (parallelport) scanner and the primax scan
> V 0.93 doesn't recognize it (it just returns "scanner did not switch to
> EPP mode.....not compatible?').
> Is there a new version or other software that can work with this model
> of scanner??
You should try out pxscan-0.2 by Gustaf Kroling, it's reported to work with
some Colorado 600 scanners.

> I found also one more bug...it coult be motherboard's fault, or
> program's -> if I activate BOTH ecp + epp (in bios) it does NOT
> recognize epp mode (it returns 'this port is not epp-compatible' or
> something simmilar).
It's a problem of your motherboard... the EPP-recognization code is taken
from the kernel.

cu.

--
Christian Ordig             | The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X |
Germany                     |   http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/   |

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]