primax: Thread: Where is the backend?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Where is the backend?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jan 2001 08:00:50 -0000

Hi you all,

I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0 and are about to reinstall my scanner.
I would love to have sane compatibility.
Is there a working sane backend at this moment? i tried the mentioned URL but
nothing there.
Do i need the old driver as an interface between the scanner and the sane
backend or is it one program/interface?

Hope to hear soon

Kind regards,
@

Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su
> I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0 and are about to reinstall my scanner.
> I would love to have sane compatibility.
> Is there a working sane backend at this moment? i tried the mentioned URL but
> nothing there.
> Do i need the old driver as an interface between the scanner and the sane
> backend or is it one program/interface?
The backend is for the Primax Colorado Direct and is only available via CVS.
I remember having put some links to the CVS in the download section.
Maybe we'll release a packaged version of the SANE backend.

--
Christian Ordig
Germany
From: ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jan 2001 13:35:41 -0000

Thank you all !

I found it. the banner "this project has not released any files yet" got me
confused.
I am not familiar with CVS but it seems like gathering the right files and do a
'make' right?
any suggestions on which program to use to obtain a coherent set of files?
( i probably should read a FAQ about CVS any sugestions? )

Thaks in advance, greetings,
@

From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jan 2001 14:55:20 -0000

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 01:39:32PM -0000, ####@####.#### wrote:
> Thank you all !
>
> I found it. the banner "this project has not released any files yet" got me
> confused.
> I am not familiar with CVS but it seems like gathering the right files and do a
> 'make' right?
nope ... make is the thing <ou will use AFTER getting the stuff from the
CVS.

> any suggestions on which program to use to obtain a coherent set of files?
> ( i probably should read a FAQ about CVS any sugestions? )
you should use "cvs".

here's what's written on http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2268:
This project's SourceForge
CVS repository can be
checked out through
anonymous (pserver) CVS
with the following
instruction set. The
module you wish to check
out must be specified as
the modulename. When
prompted for a password
for anonymous, simply
press the Enter key.

cvs ####@####.#### login
cvs -z3 ####@####.#### co modulename

Updates from within the
module's directory do not
need the -d parameter.

As modulename you should use "px_sane", for the SANE Backend.

Good luck. Maybe we'll offer either a package or at least a snapshot release
of this module in the near future... but I'm quite busy with my exams
at the moment.

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]