primax: Thread: primax_scan eats 100% of my CPU

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: primax_scan eats 100% of my CPU
From: ####@####.#### (Sven Paas)
Date: 4 Mar 2003 19:18:09 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to get my old
"Network MM100" scanner running
under RedHat Linux 8.0.

Basically I have the following setup:

- sane 1.0.8
- libieee1284-0.2.7
- libtiff-3.5.7-7
- primaxscan-1.1beta1

- Parallel Port set to "EPP1.9+SPP"
  (this is the only EPP mode by board supports)

Scanner detection works just fine:

# ./primax_scan -l on

Looks like a Primax Colorado Direct

My "only" problem is that scanning actually
doesnot work. The command

# ./primax_scan -C 0

starts the scanner scanning the whole page, but
at the end, it never returns.

It ends up with a generated file "primax_scan.tif" of
size 741423 bytes. At the end, the "primax_scan"
process is eating up 100% of CPU time.
The generated file so far is not a valid, complete TIFF file.

(When omitting the "-C 0" option, libtiff complains
something like "randomized access not supported" or something
similiar).

Any suggestions? Is my libtiff broken?

Thanks, Sven