teatotal: Thread: Solaris help?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Solaris help?
From: "Steve M. Gehlbach" ####@####.####
Date: 21 May 2002 04:21:06 -0000

I could use some help in getting tea-total to compile and run on Solaris.

The machine is:
  SunOS mserver 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc
SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine

The compiler is gcc:

  Reading specs from /opt/sfw/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/specs
  gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

I put in an arch for Solaris, and setup an ARCH in arch.h:

  #elif defined(ARCH_SOLARIS)
  #define BIG_ENDIAN 4321
  #define BYTE_ORDER BIG_ENDIAN
  typedef unsigned long u32;
  typedef signed long s32;
  typedef unsigned short u16;
  typedef unsigned char u8;

I double checked to make sure the sizes and endian byte order were correct.

The test core dumps:

  Doing checks...
  ./tea test.key test.in testout.tea
  gmake: *** [check] Bus Error (core dumped)

I traced it with printf's to the btea.c routine.  It appears that
de-referencing "v"  is causing the problem, but it seems to be something
about Solaris since the pointer is okay.

Maybe there is a simple compile switch or something that will fix this. Does
anyone have any suggestions?