gnupic: Problem installing gpsim as a beginner

Subject: Problem installing gpsim as a beginner
From: "Niklas Wennerstrand" ####@####.####
Date: 27 May 2000 20:24:43 -0000

Hello gpsim users,

Here is a question that comes from an absolute linux beginner so pleas be
kind if you can.
The reason why I in the first place decided to install linux was to try
gpsim :-)
I have come some way but I'm not quite there yet.
Problem is that when I execute the ./configure command it does not find the
gtkextra-config.

Checking for gtk-config.../usr/bin/gtk-config
Checking for gtk-config...no
Configure: error: cannot find gtk-extra-config

I created usr/gnupic where I put all files required: gpsim, gtk+extra, eXdbm
and gpasm all from http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim.html. and as the
install guide suggested.

I have manage to configure and done make on all other files but not on the
gpsim.
I am sure that it is nothing wrong with the program, just me being a
complete beginner.
If someone can help me out I would be glad but I am aware of that I can get
comments like RTFM. Believe me I have read it but not to extensive.
I hope you remember how it was to be a beginner at linux.

I am running under a Mandrake 7.0 distribution if that can help.

Best regard
Niklas Wennerstrand