gnupic: watch window for gpsim gui

Subject: Re: watch window for gpsim gui
From: Sam Colwell ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2000 18:47:49 -0000

On Sun, 09 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> >> How useful would it be to have a graphical representation of the pic
> >> in gpsim.
> >
> >Do you mean a chart of all the memory or a picture of functional blocks?
> >What features (if any) would it have?
> >Either type would require a lot of maintenance each time a new processor is
> >added.
>
> No, I was thinking about pinout. The picture can be automatically
> genereated when you know pin numbers and type of casing.
>
> I don't know how useful it would be but some other uP simulators have
> it. I wouldn't use it myself.

I might find that useful.  I do a lot of sequential things and it might be
convenient to have something that shows the pins one color for high, another
color for low, and another color if set as an input.  I really don't know how
much I would use it w/out having one to play with, but if you do add it in, I'll
make sure to tell you what I think then.

--
-Sam