gnupic: GPASM for MS-DOS?

Subject: Re: GPASM for MS-DOS?
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jan 2001 17:09:41 -0000

GPASM can be compiled by DJGPP.  The result is executable, but has a bug.  It
does not generate the hex file correctly.  I didn't spend the time to figure
out why.  The list file is correct.  But the memory dumps (gpasm -m) are also
wrong.

It is most likely a problem that can be fixed.  It is only a question of
spending the time to do it.

Is there a demand for a DOS version of gpasm?  In general, I would say it is
best to stick with MPASM or SPASM for DOS/Windows environments.  If a large
number of people request GPASM for DOS, I will consider fixing the problem.

Feel free to take this one on yourself.  Attached to this email is the makefile
I used and instructions on how to download and install DJGPP.  I wrote the
makefile.  The instuctions were generated by:

http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html

If you fix the problem let us know.  We can create a "Port to DOS" document and
add it to the docs directory in CVS.

My best advice is to find out why your projects aren't compiling
by the Ubicom compiler and use it.