gnupic: Moving from PIC16 to PIC18 Adding chip to gpasm and picp

Subject: Re: Moving from PIC16 to PIC18 Adding chip to gpasm and picp
From: Marko Kohtala ####@####.####
Date: 14 Feb 2011 20:35:19 -0000

It would be good to tell what versions of tools you have looked at and
what chip it is that you want to use.

You should verify the latest version from SVN at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gputils/develop.

Chip support is in gputils/libgputils/gpprocessor.c and gpcfg-table.c
as well as header files and linker scripts. The .c files have had
parts generated by scripts that collect the information from the
Microchip mpasmwin in different ways. Microchip lets us use headers
and linker scripts from mpasmwin.

Patches against the latest version in SVN trunk can be submitted at
SourceForge patches tracker.

sdcc I do not know. Similarly you should check it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdcc/. sf.net also has trackers for
feature requests.

Marko