gnupic: Traffic lights as extreme feedback device controlled by a PIC via USB

Subject: Re: Traffic lights as extreme feedback device controlled by a PIC via USB
From: Peter Stuge ####@####.####
Date: 11 Aug 2012 00:40:18 -0000

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> I hope to be able to start adapting it to my project within the next
> couple of days -- one of the most interesting things that will come
> out of that will be a good notion of how well it moves across
> projects.

Optimizing for that, making the code a library of sorts, is basically
why I suggest making it a separate project, or product if you will.

> From my perspective, the license isn't important -- I'll be releasing
> my code under the GPL anyway.  But I can certainly see an argument for
> making libraries available under LGPL.

My argument is for something even more permissive, such as MIT, BSD
2-clause or such. LGPL is still too restrictive for a proprietary
project developer to be able to use the code and contribute, then
it's fine to stay on GPLv3+. I'm not pushing this very hard, but I
do think it's worthwhile to consider. If it were my code I would
go for more permissive, anything embedded is already very niche, so
I think it's important to gather as many contributors as possible.

//Peter