nanogui: Arm device with 4bpp and planes==0

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Re: Arm device with 4bpp and planes==0
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jul 2009 03:05:04 -0000

: what OS are you running on your ARM platform?  if your framebuffer
: driver is not showing any planes, this may indicate a bug in the
: framebuffer device driver.
:
: have you verified the framebuffer driver is working with something other
: than nano-X?

It doesn't appear that's the problem...  instead the kernel is
reporting that the framebuffer is 4bpp truecolor, not palette,
which isn't supported by nano-X.  We do support 4bpp
graycolor, which IIRC doesn't use a pallete. I can't remember
what the framebuffer returns in this case, though.  The
greyscale src/drivers/scr_*.c linear drivers may not be
linked in though.

Oren, we need more information on exactly what the hardware
setup and supposed framebuffer setup is for your system.
Also, you need to grep through the scr_*.c drivers and
find a truecolor grayscale driver, which might work for you.
In other words, what colors are displayed for each
combination of 4 bits in the framebuffer?