nanogui: Frame buffer Interface

Subject: Re: Frame buffer Interface
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2000 03:51:44 -0000

: I have specified an interface for input devices as suggested.
: I thing it is pretty nice, and it'll make eisier the port
: of MicroWindows to others RTOS.
:
: This link has an initial document and a reference implementation
: for RTEMS.
:

A comment on the kbd interface:  in addition to the keycode
member, we should also have a scancode member.  Some applications
want to see the kbd in scan code mode, others want to see the
keystroke.  There should also be a way to put the RTEMS
kbd driver to and from scancode/ascii mode, also.

With PC keyboards, some applications need to know whether
the keypad arrow key or just the arrow key was pressed.  The
scan codes are the same, just a different prefix byte from the
kbd controller.  So there should be a bit set for that too; I guess
that can go into the modifiers member.