nanogui: Microwindows at Montreal Linux Expo

Subject: Re: Microwindows at Montreal Linux Expo
From: Rahul Dave ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2000 01:36:12 -0000

I got this from you:

> I'm going to be showing Microwindows at the Montreal
> Linux Expo next week, in Monta Vista's booth.  I thought
> I'd mention this to the list in case anyone's going to be near
> the area...  The show is April 11th and 12th next week
>
> Monta Vista is a company that specializes in supplying Linux
> for the embedded market.  I'll be showing Microwindows
> running on a cool StrongARM board manufactured by
> ADS out of Maryland.  The ADS card features 16 megs
> of RAM and a CF card that it boots linux from, and
Whats a CF card. Flash?
> a super cool 4" by 5" 640x480 256 color LCD display.
> The card is about 2" by 3", so the display is quite a bit
> bigger than the computer.
Whats this little beastie for? Any camerashots?
Are these going to be generically available boards?

BTW is anyone else a lttle bit worried about this patent story:
(see http://lwn.net/daily)
Ateon Networks receives patent on remote storage for internet appliances
Commerce, April 3 (Monday)
Ateon Networks, which makes Linux-based internet appliances, has
announced the receipt of a patent on "remote storage for
internet appliances." The patent is not written in the
most clear manner, but it would appear to cover serving
files from a protected internal network.

If CF is flash, wont it affect such boxes?
Rahul