nanogui: Microwindows at Montreal Linux Expo

Subject: Re: Microwindows at Montreal Linux Expo
From: Alan Cox ####@####.####
Date: 7 Apr 2000 23:18:41 -0000

> internet appliances." The patent is not written in the
> most clear manner, but it would appear to cover serving
> files from a protected internal network.
>
> If CF is flash, wont it affect such boxes?

Flash file store is only 15 odd years old.

So for all obvious uses I can see the patent if it covered it would have
prior art. Also if its GPL code then taking their code and using it for
your tasks and hacking changing it is allowed. If they tried to enforce
the patent on you with their GPL code they would violate the GPL since
they gave you a 'no additional restrictions' use of it

(This is why some big vendors dont issue GPL drivers 8))