nanogui: Drawing modes

Subject: RE: Drawing modes
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 19 May 1999 20:47:07 -0000

On Wednesday, May 19, 1999 2:28 PM, Alex Holden ####@####.#### wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
> > 	I'm pretty certain that we've got to implement the XOR modes, or the
> > samples won't work.  (including the cool new one, world)
>
> It seems to work okay, apart from crashing when you right click (the
> co-ordinate calculations seem broken).

	The reason it crashes is because the bogl code miscalculates the
bogl_yes limit for text draws.  See my bogl library included in nano0.5 for the
fix.  It dies in bogl's assert because world tries to draw at ylocation 480.
I debugged all this in 0.5.

 What should it do better? I do
> agree though that it would be nice to have different drawing modes, even
> though most graphics libraries don't seem to bother with them.

	Well, any newer operating system like windows or mac uses XOR to
draw the rectangles when you play on the desktop.  So XOR is a must.  FYI, the
cool landmine program uses an XOR GC to do all sorts of trickiness.  Check it out.
I have all the sample programs, demo, landmine and world debugged in my submission.
I did it to allow them to be used as a reference port for driver writers, like you're doing...
Also, the demo program uses the ReadArea api when you rightclick in the top box.
This demonstrates readpixel, and that's why I added that.

Basically, I used the demo programs as the means to show me what I had to
add to the driver level.  I added everything until the demos fully worked, which
occured in 0.5pre1.  For instance, the AND and OR modes are still not implemented.