nanogui: Progress (or lack of it)

Subject: Progress (or lack of it)
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 1999 20:23:08 -0000

I've spent a couple of hours working on the network code today, and I'm
going to try to keep an average of an hour or two two a day set aside for
Nano-X work from now on (weekends will probably vary between no time at
all and most of the weekend depending on where I'm staying and what I'm
doing at the time though). I did promise to have a look at the GGI driver,
but what I'd forgotten was that I've left it on my home machine which is,
surprisingly enough, at home. I'm going home for the weekend to pick some
other stuff up so I'll be able to get it then, or perhaps Greg might be
able to forward it to the list before then (he has a copy of it)...

I'm planning to spend most of the weekend getting the full 0.5 version
done, including the new networking model which is getting quite close to
being ready for release now. On Monday after releasing 0.5 I'll make sure
the latest code is in the CVS, and the CVS is functioning properly again
(I may have to drop anonymous access until I can figure out how to make
it secure though- the only way I seem to be able to let anonymous check
stuff out is to allow it write permission to everything... oh well). When
that is going properly, people are welcome to ask me for a CVS account,
and all development can be done in there from then on, thereby hopefully
solving the problem of multiple developers getting out of sync. If Greg
posts his code over the weekend, I'll try to get it integrated over the
course of next week and maybe get a 0.6 out the following weekend. By that
point, things should be all nicely synced up again, and the full on
development of window managers, GDK ports, etc. can begin...

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :