nanogui: Progress (or lack of it)

Subject: Re: Progress (or lack of it)
From: "Chris Ross (Boris)" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jun 1999 19:44:59 -0000

Greg Haerr wrote:

> : I've just had another thought, we might be able to get away with one
> : configurable, modular, window manager. Ie. all the bells and whistles such
> : as a screen saver, background image loader, config script parser, focus
> : policies, window placement policies, etc. are all configurable parts of
> : one linked in window management engine.
>
>         That's definitely the right idea.
>
>  There would probably always be
> : some basic core (probably no more than a few KB) which does nothing with
> : events except perhaps intercept some key combination which tells the
> : server to exit, has the most basic window placement and focus policies
> : possible (might as well shift the focus responsibility to the WM), etc.

the baic core idea was one of the ways that is perhaps the best,
have shard libraies that can be loaded with a few callback funtions
scattred about liberally.

well i have to say that what ever happens i will be hacking up my own
little windowmamager when a basic one has been created i have some
groovy
ideas.

oh on the imlib front we may be able to get away from that for tyhe time
being, i would atleast like to steer clear of it until 2.0 is realesed
which will basically be a major rewrite. imlib has some fundwemantal
flaws
in that it leaks here there and everywhere - and on our little boxes
we can't afford these memory leaks =)

chris ross

| Chris Ross - Boris` on efnet, ####@####.#### |
|      Student, C Code Hacker, HTML,  and more...    |
|           * Web server down - Back Soon *          |