nanogui: Progress (or lack of it)

Subject: RE: Progress (or lack of it)
From: Joe deBlaquiere ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jun 1999 14:20:49 -0000

I've been following this discussion for a while. I've downloaded a few
snapshots and peeked around, but I hesitate to muck up other peoples code
until I understand how everything works. ;-)

Something I did once sounds like it might give you the flexibility and
performance you want. If you were to develop a 'nano-x-core' shared object
you could let your 'nano-x-winman' run as a linked-in shared object on top
of this core and then your 'nano-x' shared lib could provide message
dispatch, etc and wrap up the two other .so's. I think it would work with a
static libs also but you'd have to re-link (but not re-compile) to change
window managers.

Just an idea...

--Joe deBlaquiere