nanogui: State of the nanogui union?

Subject: Re: State of the nanogui union?
From: "Vidar Hokstad" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 1999 07:30:47 -0000

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:28:23 +0100 (GMT) you wrote:
>On 28 Sep 1999, Vidar Hokstad wrote:
>> I've been working on a widget set, and I'd be happy to share it with
>> people here. It's based on code I got from Alexander Pleuchert, but not
>> much of his original code is left at this time, though :-)
>
>Excellent. What features does it support? How large is it?

It's a bit primitive right now. It has sliders (horisontal, vertical, or
both at the same time, settable with a flag :), buttons, radiobuttons,
toggle buttons, and a primitive text field. It's very object oriented,
via some C macro hackery. Currently, the test program is about 30kb with
all the classes compiled in. It's also prepared for externalizing rendering
and layout into separate objects, making it instantly themable.

It needs some work. But we're just hired several people, and as soon as
they've settled in one of them will be allocated to working on the widget
set and NanoGUI.

>Let me know if you would like access to be able to put it up on the
>LinuxHacker FTP space, or if you would prefer I can just mirror it nightly
>like I do with the MicroWindows site. You might consider putting it in the
>CVS too. The same goes for anybody else who is working on any code for
>NanoGUI...

It would be great if I can put it up on LinuxHacker. Where do you want
me to upload it?

Regards,
Vidar Hokstad