nanogui: Licensing summary

Subject: Re: Licensing summary
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 1999 19:46:24 -0000

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
> 	Yes.  I think I agree.  But I want to be completely clear on David's
> code.  His original code retains his original PDL license.  The code that's
> included in nano-X and/or MicroWindows is a derivative work, and is not
> subject to any terms other than his original terms: leave the copyright
> notice intact.

That's the reason I thought we'd have to move David's code into seperate
files- because his code wants to go into files with his Public Domain
license on them, and the new code wants to go into files with the MPL on
them.

> 	What are the semantics of a "conversion", anyway?

You just redistribute everything under the new license. It would have to
be a total conversion though, because the GPL wouldn't allow some GPL
parts and some MPL parts, and I don't think it, or any improvements made
to the GPLed version could be converted back to MPL without explicit
permission of the author of the changes.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :