nanogui: Licensing summary

Subject: RE: Licensing summary
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 1999 20:06:46 -0000

: That's the reason I thought we'd have to move David's code into seperate
: files- because his code wants to go into files with his Public Domain
: license on them, and the new code wants to go into files with the MPL on
: them.

	No - this is specifically what we _dont_ want to do.  David's
license allows us to create derivative works and do what we want with it,
providing that we leave his copyright notice intact.

	If we have to rewrite _any_ of Dave's code, I need to know now.
This will greatly affect the Xlib project.  It doesn't affect MicroWindows so much.

:
: > 	What are the semantics of a "conversion", anyway?
:
: You just redistribute everything under the new license. It would have to
: be a total conversion though, because the GPL wouldn't allow some GPL
: parts and some MPL parts, and I don't think it, or any improvements made
: to the GPLed version could be converted back to MPL without explicit
: permission of the author of the changes.

	Does this mean that the tree would split at this point?  I plan
on remaining the maintainer of the project, and don't want two trees.